shopping-bag 0
Items : 0
Subtotal : 0.00
View Cart Check Out


STU and Gladiators share points in rematch

Gladiators Trenčín – HK Slávia STU Bratislava 2:2 (1:0, 0:1, 1:1)

In back to back games the Gladiators kept the upper hand on STU, taking 3 Points in the regular season series.

Goals and asissts: 5. Zemko (Varga), 58. Varga (Bednárik, Zemko) – 31. Mičúch (Goga, Kučera S.), 41. Baran (Hubek, Dvorštiak)

Penalties: 4:9 , additionalKučera T. (STU) 10min for unsportsmanlike conduct, Minárik (STU) 10min for unsportsmanlike conduct

Referees: M. Krist – P. Dzian, M. Makúch

Gladiators Trenčín: Gašparovič – Okuliar, Marousek, Jurenka T., Šulík, Vavro, Zemko, Markovič, Kandráč, Buliš, Varga, Bednárik, Ďuriš, Borbely, Jurenka P., Volek, Porubský

HK Slávia STU Bratislava: Porubský – Kučera T., Hejduk, Minárik, Štefánik, Kanda, Antal, Hubek, Dvorštiak, Mičúch, Potkany, Pernický, Galko, Goga, Rendek, Horvath, Mader, Kučera S., Baran

The game started with a power-play for the home team. The Gladiators were quick to start the offence, first it was Markovič from the left wing, later Varga added another shot on goal. What could not be accomplisher in the power-play came to be after, when Zemko opened the score. The team of STU got on a power-play afterwards, but the defense was too tight for them to squeeze a shot through. The players from the STU were undisciplined what resulted in a couple of penalties. However, they were able to withstand the pressure from the Gladiators offence. They even defended the individual drive on the net by Varga and kept the game close until the buzzer.

The second period started with another power-play for the STU team. Just as in the previous period they were unable to exploit their advantage and managing only a few unsuccessful shots by Galko and Baran. In the midway through the second period, the STU team finally managed to overcome the home team’s goalkeeper and after a nice assist by Goga, who forwarded the puck to Mičúch who was in an excellent position to score. Until the end of the period we could see some nice plays, however in this game, the skills of the goalkeepers were as much of a factor as the offence. At the end of the second period the game was still very close, tied 1:1.

Only 42 seconds into the final period, it was the visiting team scoring on the Gladiators. Baran received a pass on the left wing and hit the open net. A few moments later it was Minárik firing from a similar position, however failing to hit the net. The Gladiators managed to play a power-play of 5 against 3 players, but the tying goal came when the first penalized player came back onto the ice. Varga evened the score to 2:2. The score stayed even until the final buzzer as both teams were very evenly matched.