PLAYOFFS LINK: https://www.euhl.eu/statistics/playoffs/
Playoff system of EUHL season 2019/2020
1. After completing the regular season of the EUHL will be a compiled table, which is based on the achieved score of the teams, respectively in the case of equality of points of the EUHL Playoffs will continue according to the other criteria set out in the Manual for the first six playoffs teams, unless EUHA specified otherwise
The EUHL Playoffs Dates:
– Quarterfinals from 02.03. to 09.03.2020
– Semifinals from 10.03. to 22.03.2020
– Finals from 23.03.2020
2. The first two teams after the regular season will go straight to the semifinal playoffs.
3. In the quarterfinals, the following shall be met:
Team 3 – Team 6 from the regular season
Team 4 – Team 5 from the regular season
The winners of the quarter-finals will meet in the semifinals, against the first two teams from the regular season.
The winners if the semi-finals will meet in the finals.
4. The quarterfinals are played for two winning matches, with the first two games being organized by a better ranked team after the regular season. Then the series moves to a worse-ranked participant who will organize the next round if necessary.
5. The Semi-finals and Finals are played for three winning games, with the first two games being organized by the better placed participant after the regular season unless otherwise agreed. Subsequently, the series moves to the worst-placed participant who organizes the next two games, if the series does not end in the fourth match then the fifth final match will be organized again by a better placed participant after the regular season. EUHA reserves the right in exceptional cases that: (eg, if the home team cannot organize the game), EUHA may intervene organizationally about time, place. EUHA will set a new playing time that stakeholders must respect.
In the case that any of the parties will not respect the decision of STC / EUHA or will not participate in the final 5th game there will be a contumacy for the non-participating team!
6. If the playoff games does not decide in regular time, there are 20 minutes of 3 vs. 3. 3-player extensions, which lasts until scored – “Golden Goal”, without the possibility of any penalty shooting. Penalty shoot-out in play-offs are not allowed!
7. In the event of any overtime in the playoffs in the current EUHL season is the home team responsible for ensuring that the match can be properly played with the specified system of overtime. The Failure may come to the result of the contumacy for the home team.
8. Ice-surface treatment shall always be carried out before the start of the extension and always between the individual extensions
Info: Sport Technical Committee https://www.euhl.eu/commettees/sports-technical-committee/