Resolution of SPORT – TECHNICAL COMMITTEE (STC) to start of Diplomats Pressburg player – Peter Kuzmín.
The Cavaliers Brno team made a complaint, as follows: “player No. 26 Kuzmín Peter. The player played 11 matches in HC Bratislava in the season 2018/2019.According to Rule No. 188.8.131.52. “For the university players in the EUHL it is considered that” point B of the 2018/2019 Season Manual. Therefore our team requires the same disciplinary penalty as was given in the 2017/2018 season to team Cavaliers, and the additional contumacy of the match…”
On the basis of the Cavaliers Brno investigation, STC has decided that the submission is unfounded and thus the violation of the EUHL Manual for the 2018/19 season did not occur. Player Peter Kuzmín did not commit a violation of EUHL 2018/2019 Manual and his start in the game was in line with the currently valid EUHL Manual.
A) According to the currently valid EUHL 2018/2019 Manual 4.1.1. lett. C)
4.1.1. University Players
- university Players in the EUHL are:
- university or college students of 1., 2. and 3 degree or preliminary year in full-time or external form that are students of legally and duly recognized forms of higher education study or its equivalent in the University Team´s home state or graduates of state final exams that graduated within the period of 12 months from the master game in question,
- ISIC Card or Euro 26 Card holders, holders of Statement of Student Status from university or college,
- players not under contract with a professional hockey team – player participating in the EUHL shall not participate in any other hockey team or hockey league organized by any entity other than the EUHA, with the exception of regional tournaments with amateur status organized in the given country,
- junior players complying with conditions set out in this Manual and having a permission of their team to participate in the EUHL,
- not contractually bound to be represented by a hockey agent,
- maintain satisfactory academic performance confirmed by University (definition of satisfactory performance to be determined by University),
- hold valid international insurance for games organized by EUHA.
B) Player Peter Kuzmín – Diplomats Pressburg – played the last Slovak national first league match under the professional contract on 17.11. 2018 for HC OSMOS BRATISLAVA. From that date player Peter Kuzmín did not participate in any amateur or professional competition. The first EUHL match he played on January 25, 2019 for Diplomats Pressburg against Cavaliers Brno. In the event of his re-entry in another hockey competition in the current season, his eventual start in the EUHL will not be possible.
C) The Cavaliers Brno team refers to the non-existent article 184.108.40.206 in the EUHL 2018/19 Season Manual. We ask you to study the current EUHL regulations, which will facilitate its smooth and trouble-free operation in the future.