Organizational Information about time organization of the play-off of EUHL 2018/2019.
Timetable for the end of the EUHL 2018/2019 – release part – Play-off EUHL 2017/2018 – 8 teams:
End of EUHL 2018/2019: 03/10/2019
Play-off EUHL 2018/2019: Quarter Final (13 – 18 March 2019) Semifinal (20-25 March 2019) Final (March 27 – April 8, 2019)
According to the currently valid EUHL 2018/2019 Manual 2.6.2.
2.6.2. Playoff System of Play
- Semi-finals shall be played in the following manner:
- First team shall play with the team that ranked as 8.
- Second team shall play with the team that ranked as 7.
- Third team shall play with the team that ranked as 6.
- Fourth team shall play with the team that ranked as 5.
- Winners of quarter-finals shall meet in semi-finals.
- Winners of semi-finals shall meet in the finale.
- If teams with identical ranking after the Regular Season meet in semi-finals, the following coefficient shall be followed:
- difference in total score in current season,
- number of goals scored in current season,
- sum of points from mutual games in current season,
- difference between partial score from mutual games in current season,
- number of goals scored in mutual games in current season,
- Quarter- and semi-finals shall be played in a best-of-two manner, first game is organized by lower ranking team of the regular season and the other game, or two games, are played at home of higher-ranking team of the regular season. Overtime period for quarter-final and semi-final games shall be played with the 3 against 3 system until a so-called “golden goal” is scored; penalty-shot shootout is not permitted.
- Finale shall be played in a best-of-three series; first two games are organized by higher ranking team of the regular season if not agreed otherwise. Subsequently, the series shall move to lower ranking team, who shall organize the other two games, provided the series does not end with the third game. Eventual fifth and deciding finale game shall be organized by higher ranking team.
- If the score is tied in regulation time, an overtime period with the 3 against 3 system shall be played until a so-called “golden goal” is scored; penalty-shot shootout is not permitted.
- That the game ends properly while using the 3 against 3 system in the overtime period shall be the responsibility of the home team. Otherwise, the game shall end in a walkover (W.O.) awarded to the visiting team.
- If circumstances allow, the home team shall ensure that ice surface is treated prior to start of the overtime period of any 2018!2019 EUHL Playoff game as well as during intermissions between overtime periods. Ice surface treatment shall not jeopardize regular ending of a game.